Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Xmas

Well ok its still november but as i'm doing a mini xmas with my friends on the 8th and 9th of december i've started to think about it. I realised something this year that i should have figured out last year and will be a shock for my rents if they ever read this. I actually enjoy the giving of presents and stocking, for we have them at mini xmas, as well as the big meal more than getting presents. I mean getting stuff is nice but i prefer it when something i've done puts a smile on someones face. This could explain why i'm doing a mini xmas for 7 people including myself and why the stocking im filling are going to probably end up costing more than the presents. i think it will be worth it anyway.

The only downside is the fact that xmas isnt cheap no matter how hard i try and if it wasn't for dave everyone would be getting penny chews. We agreed that i'd buy most of the presents and he'd buy the food, altho he will repay me half the present money when he can. i will be chipping in with the food as some of it is being bought when i visit. Also i've had to do the present buying online and amazon don't directly sell all of the stuff i want to get so postage costs have been a pain but its worth it i think. I ideally wnat to order all the presents this week but that would mean spending more money than im getting in nd i'm trying to avoid that so maybe one day i can get out of my overdraft.

Oh well, its all worth it and maybe in the new year someone will want to employ me. I hope so, me and dave want to have a weekend away in the summer and preferably not in a tent as much as it is fun i'd like to stay somewhere with a bed.

Aside from planning mini xmas and working out what to get the family i've been playing alil WoW, athough roll on patch 2.3 coz then leveling will get a little easier. its also started getting colder and the bathroom is freezing. Some of the new kitcen units have been built and they look nice, can't wait til the new year when its all done properly with a new floor to boot.

well i'm off got some laundry to sort out, washed my dressing gown so its ready to be lived in over the cold months, yay for furry dressing gowns, just need some nice slippers now.

take care all

xXx

No comments: