Saturday, October 23, 2010

One day i'll blog reguarly

So it's been awhile since my last post and a few things have happened, nothing overly major.

I'm still having driving lessons every fortnight and they are going well, keep making a few silly mistakes but i think I'm improving overall and its just a case of remembering to do everything properly and in good time.

Dave has still not had an success getting a job altho he did manage to get an interview even if he didn't get it, its still a good sign that someone may give him a chance. He did have some good news in that he was asked to cover for another teaching assistant at the school he volunteers at for 2 days so he should hopefully be getting the money for that soon. He has been looking into doing a PGCE but most unis want a 2:2 degree or higher which sucks given that hes had a decent bit of experience and is quite keen to do the course. I keep poking him to email unis to see if they will consider him. We shall see, there is an undergrad course for teaching but it would be the cost that would be an issue. It's a shame things always have to come down to money.

We have recently got back from a visit to Dave's parents up in Doncaster which was nice. We had a lovely time up there and went to visit Vikki and Mark while we were up there too, I'd forgotten how nice Domino's pizzas were :) I spent far too much while we were up there tho, mainly because we found out the new magic the gathering set had been released and we got ourselves some decks from that. I did enjoy myself tho so its not all bad.

I'm back in work on Monday and normality resumes but its payday Tues so looking forward to that. Also Anna is planning on visiting again next weekend as long as the parents say yes :) Shes left a bag of stuff here as she visits soo much at the mo. Got a trip to Cardiff planned for the dreaded Xmas shopping, if i start now i might actually get it all out of the way and then i won't have to worry about it :)

I think that covers everything, there's been a new patch in WoW preparing us for Cataclysm but i have a separate blog for my geeky WoW rambles :)

No comments: