Friday, August 10, 2007

Hope

Well today has seen a rise in my spirits, im not feeling as hopeless as i have been. I've started writing my CV and ive just been thinking about my career path a little more positively. I know that i will be skint for like the next 5 years while i get the qualifications and experience i need but i know it will be worth it. Having had counselling myself i know that it will be worth the effort if i can go on to help people get past their problems

I get the feeling that i will be doing a fair bit of voluntary work in the next few years and its just a case of me getting to the point where i can do it and not be too worried about finances. I keep trying for part time /full time jobs in town, my latest attempt will be holland and barrats once my cv is done. My best bet is a part time job as hopefully if my interview goes well on the 24th i'll be studying counselling skills and practice part time at a local college. I'm looking forward to it as i'll finally be able to sink my teeth into the topic that i have wanted to study for ages. I love psychology and it fascinates me and counselling is another step along it.

Sometimes i wonder if i'm really cut out for counselling, most of my friends either think i'll be great at it or can definitely see me doing it. Hopefully doing the part time course will help me either decide its not right or alay my fears and make me realise my true potential. I've also been considering subscribing to a publication called Therapy Today, which as far as i've looked is one of the few dedicated to counsellors and psychotherapists. I could get that and a journal for free if i join the BACP. Either way at the moment its money i don't have but its def in the pipeline.

I've had a positive day overall and i hope it continues, i'm thinikng of starting driving lessons soonish which also makes me feel happier. I can just about get one a week depending on what i do. Its not much but its a start and thats better than nothing.

xXx

No comments: